The recipes in this book use ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboard or ingredients that you can find easily at any grocery store.
Most of the recipes are fairly easy, too.
Like I always say when it comes to cooking, “If it’s not easy – I don’t do it!”
I live in west central Wisconsin and I spend alot of my time as a newspaper reporter for 2 small local newspapers in the area: the Colfax Messenger and the Glenwood City Tribune.
I earned an undergraduate degree in English with a Writing Emphasis and a Master of Arts in Teaching English from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
I live in the house my folks built when they retired from farming along with my husband, Randy, assorted cats, a Shetland Sheepdog named Pixie and two horses, Isabelle and Kajun.
The image at the top of this website is taken from the end of our hay field looking back at the house, barn and the horse pastures.
Besides The Rural Route 2 Cookbook, my other Rural Route 2 books are:
- Where the Green Grass Grows (October 2006; $13.95)
- Cream of the Crop (September 2005; $13.95)
- Give Me a Home Where the Dairy Cows Roam (September 2004; $13.95)
- Christmas in Dairyland – True Stories from a Wisconsin Farm (August 2003; $13.95)
- Preserve Your Family History – A Step-by-Step Guide for Writing Oral Histories (August 2007; $12.95)